Passport Application Requirements
The applicant has to visit the Embassy in person (please bring babies in case of applying a passport for them) for fingerprinting and authentication of documents. The appropriate forms will be issued to you upon your arrival.
Monday – Thursday, 9am – 12pm (closed on German – Berlin and Zimbabwean holidays).
BY APPOINTMENT ONLY – firstname.lastname@example.org
Procedure for Passport renewal are as follows –
Please note that Passport Application/Renewal cannot be done Online. Applicants should come to the Embassy.
. Bring 50 Euros to the Embassy
The following original documents, plus 2 clear photocopies each, must be produced when applying for a passport:
- Long Birth Certificate
- National Identity Card (or green paper NID with attached photo and printed NID number) – order of names should be as they appear on the NID and Birth Certificate; spellings have to be consistent throughout; if names are not in the order as they appear on the NID and Birth Certificate, applicant has to regularize by either changing the order of names on the NID and Birth Certificate (NID cards are only issued in Zimbabwe) – note: NID is required for all applicants 16 yrs and older.
- Two (2) passport sized photos (size 3,5 x 4,5 cm) – photo requirements: white background, appearance – black/dark grey/navy blue shirt/top/dress (no spaghetti straps), no eyeglasses, no jewelry, natural hair tied back, face front with both ears visible.
- Marriage Certificate/National Identity Card in married name/Divorce Order/Spouse’s Death Certificate, if applicable.
- Adoption Order, if applicable.
- Old passport or Emergency Travel Document, if any
- passport (small) copy of inside back cover (renewable up to 6 months before expiry)
- Citizenship Certificate dated August 2001 or later – for applicants who were born outside Zimbabwe or whose (one or both) parent(s) was/were born outside Zimbabwe must renounce the other citizenship by having that country’s Embassy in Harare issue a Renunciation Certificate, which should be taken to the Citizenship Office in Harare in person (Citizenship Certificates are only issued in Zimbabwe)
- Police report (for lost passport)
- If a child under 18 yrs is applying for a passport, Section 5 of the form must be completed by the parent – a legal guardian can also sign Section 5 if he/she can produce documentary proof of guardianship – a clear copy of the National ID or valid passport of the parent/legal guardian is required.
- Permit in country of residence.
Additional Passport Information
Once your forms have been processed and documents authenticated at the Embassy, everything will be returned to you. It is the applicant’s responsibility to send the forms to Zimbabwe and arrange for the collection of the new passport. The applicant will need to write an authorization letter for the person handling the application.
Passport application forms expire 6 months from the date of completion. Ensure that your complete application package is received by the Passport Office in Harare before the forms expire.
If you have additional questions not covered by this supplement, call us at + +49 30 232556760 or send email to email@example.com